Monday, May 28, 2012

Beat Week XXI

Mon - 50min/ 2.1m/ 300' - Crowders - Hiking experience for two students at my school.  Fun little outing with some mild bouldering (kid appropriate).

Tues - 0hr

Wed - 2hr24min/ 13.5m/ 3200' - Crowders - An out and back to the boulders overlook on Ridgeline from the visitor center.  Felt extremely crappy today and was just pushing myself to keep running at times.

Thus - 45min/ 4.5m/ 1000' - MST - Out and back to Tom's Creek from Woodlawn.  Was planning on doing a loop with the Harris Creek Horse Trail, but my legs and hips were not cooperating after yesterday's run.  I didn't have too much time to do that loop and at the rate I was going there was no way I would be doing an 8 mile loop in about an hour.

Fri - 0hr - driving to the beach after work, so no running although I had a bit of time.  It was too hot anyway. 90+

Sat - 45min/ 6.2m/ 20' - Oak Island - Nice half road half beach run with Stephen.  Ended this run with a recreation scene from Rocky 3!  It had some beach goers looking at us pretty weird. Haha!!

Sun - 0hr - pure laziness and wanting to rest up some more for RAM this coming Saturday!

Totals =

Time - 4hrs44min
Distance - 26.3m
Vert - 4520'

Well this week goes down as another dud, as the body was just not feeling it and life was getting in the way.  Instead of trying to force getting the time in for the week, I decided to relax and let my body recover down at the coast.  Funny how each of the weeks before I have gone to the beach this year has resulted in very poor weeks of running.  Strange.  Anyway, enjoy this vid of what Stephen and I recreated after our run on Saturday.  Mainly just to last bit of this montage.


No comments:

Post a Comment