Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Uwharrie Training Week 1

Over the next 8 weeks, I'll be documenting my training for the Uwharrie 40 in hopes to have information in the future to see what works and doesn't work on my personal quest for a sub-7 hour finish of this race.  I believe that once I achieve said goal, I will be done with this race forever (but maybe not).  I've created my own training plan, so hopefully it works to reach my goal.  If not revisions will be needed.  First week in review detailed below:

Mon - 0hr - off

Tues - 7.5 miles/ 57 min/ 1000' - Hickory City Park - Tempo run on the mountain bike trail and greenway.

Wed - 7.2 miles/ 68 min/ 1600' - Crowders - Easy mountain run on backside, crowders, rocktop, and tower trails.

Thurs - 7.6 miles/ 65 min/ 300' - Davidson - Easy run with DART group on the Rocky Mountain Greenway.  Nice to finally meet up with this group for a run.

Fri - 5.2 miles/ 44 min/ 800' - Latta - Easy run.

Sat - 17 miles/ 2hrs55min/ 4500' - Crowders - Joined up with the Gaston County Trail runners and ran the Run to the Border route.  I tried to run comfortably hard the entire run to mimic Uwharrie pace and ran harder on the way back.  I felt great about this run and am ready to do it again at least once more before Uwharrie and try to lower the time a bit as well.

Sun -  off

No comments:

Post a Comment