Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Uwharrie Training Week 2

Mon - 0hr - off

Tues - 1hr/ 6.5m/ 1000' - Latta - Today I did a hill workout on the hill trail, a .2 mile 75 ft climb.  I did 10 repeats after a 1.5 mile warm-up and finish the day with a 1 mile cool-down.  Each repeat was around 80 seconds with the fastest at 77 and slowest at 81.  Felt good about the workout.

Wed - 52min/ 5.7m/ 300' - Lake Norman State Park - easy run on the Hawk Loop.  Felt horrible.

Thurs - 45min/ 5.5m/ 500' - Dam Pasture Trails - easy run with Mad A around WWC.  Felt a bit weak due to a lack of breakfast.

Fri - 55min/ 7m/ 300' - WWC - another easy run with Mad A on the trails at WWC.  Tried out my new MT 1010 (Minimus Amp) and really liked the feel.  I think I got a half size too big, but with some lacing tweaks they feel pretty good.  Looking forward to taking them out on ALTAR tomorrow.

Sat - 8hrs32min/ 30.1m/ 9000' - ALTAR - What a phenomenal day.  It got a bit lonesome at points, but the views were spectacular and I ran really well the entire day all the way till the final descent from Cold Mountain to Camp Daniel Boone.  I bonked hard at this point and couldn't even manage to run the majority of this downhill.  Overall though, I was satisfied and improved on my time by 30 minutes from last year.  Up high there was a solid two inches of powder and most of the trail was covered in ice which made the going slow, but wow the views from Black Balsam and Tennant Mtn were spectacular.  Great way to end the year for the Pisgah Nation!

Sun - off

Totals =

Time - 12hrs4min
Miles - 53.6
Vert - 11,100'

Feeling really good about this second week in the training phase although I am feeling Saturday's run even today on Tuesday as I am writing this.  The plan keeps calling for some more this week with the volume spread a bit more evenly across the week this time.  Hopefully I can recover quickly from ALTAR and will be ready to go back to full speed on Wednesday this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment